BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi Data Mining Community!

I saw this question on another SAS-related community and thought I'd share it here in case this pool of experts could shed some light.

FYI, 

I have a Decision Tree within Enterprise Miner. Let us assume that one of my nominal variables is a significant predictor. And let us pretend it is state within the United States.

The tree provides summarized results. For each branch it will usually list out a few of the states or values that branch out that way, plus it will say "misc." How do I find the rest of them within Enterprise Miner?

While on that topic, is there a way for me to obtain output so that each of the node definitions are nicely all put together rather than me having to summarize the information myself. I would normally do it myself by creating a summary document based on the contents of the nodes. But I have almost 100 nodes this time.

Thank you very much in advance.

1 REPLY 1
art297
Opal | Level 21

Take a look at the video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlUZYlgkeSc. Not sure if I can post a screen snapshot here, but I'll try.

If it gets lost, it shows the 'Node Rules', which are the decision rules output as a set of if->then rules.

I wasn't able to post the screenshot.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation