BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kewldude
Calcite | Level 5

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I have just started using Enterprise Miner in my Predictive Analytics subject, so I thought of posting my problem here. 

You see I have a dataset that has some categorical cariables which has a value "unknown". This is not blank or missing per se, but an actual category level of a variable (i.e. marital status variable with single, married, divorced, unknown as the possible levels of the variable).

Going through the basic Enteprise Miner tutorial, I had a look at the Replacement and Impute node, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

What I wanted to do is to replace all these unknown values with something like the most frequent marital status value that was used in the dataset. 

Care to nudge me in the right direction?

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Use a decision tree to first predict this value as part of your model. Then use those predicted values in your model further on. 

kewldude
Calcite | Level 5

Just wondering if anyone can provide a quick example that I can use as a basis?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation