BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

I am new to SAS enterprise miner and I have only been using the Model tab for model building such as Cluster,Decicion tree and Regression.

I have seen the HPDM Tab and it contains HP CLuster,HP Regression etc

My question is;what is the diference between cluster node and HPCluster node,or difference between Regression node and HP REGRESSION.

I'm a data mining novice self learning,detail and easy to understand explanation is much welcome..

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

SAS Enterprise Miner High Performance (HP) data mining nodes have been specially developed to take advantage of parallel processing in both multithreaded single-machine mode and distributed multiple-machine mode. This is useful with large data sets and data stores.  Note that these nodes aren't necessarily a full replacement for their non-HP counterparts, and that there are some nodes that only exist in HPDM, for example: HP Bayesian Network Classifier, HP Forest, and HP GLM.  Here is information about the individual procedures: 

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=emhpprcref&docsetVersion=14.2&docsetTarget=titlepage.htm&l...

And see the Enterprise Miner Reference Help for more informationa about the individual HPDM nodes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

SAS Enterprise Miner High Performance (HP) data mining nodes have been specially developed to take advantage of parallel processing in both multithreaded single-machine mode and distributed multiple-machine mode. This is useful with large data sets and data stores.  Note that these nodes aren't necessarily a full replacement for their non-HP counterparts, and that there are some nodes that only exist in HPDM, for example: HP Bayesian Network Classifier, HP Forest, and HP GLM.  Here is information about the individual procedures: 

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=emhpprcref&docsetVersion=14.2&docsetTarget=titlepage.htm&l...

And see the Enterprise Miner Reference Help for more informationa about the individual HPDM nodes.

BrettWujek
SAS Employee

Also - be sure to check out Radhikha Myneni's excellent overview of HPDM in a series of tips starting with https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/SAS-High-Performance-Analytics-tip-1-How-it-d...

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation