BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rboire
Calcite | Level 5

I have a question. Right now, I can play with the number of nodes in the hidden layer.

But as I understand the code, you can vary the nodes but the hidden layer is always 1. Does the user

have options to play with altering the number of actual layers.  This idea

resonates behind the whole notion of single layer perceptron(hidden layer =1) vs.

multiple layer perceptron(hidden layer > 1).  One of the biggest developments in neural nets is the improvement in performance in going from single layer perceptron to multiple layer perceptron.   Please advise when you have a chance.

1 REPLY 1
BrettWujek
SAS Employee
Rboire - all you have to do is specify multiple hidden statements, one for each layer you want.
Please see http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=emhpprcref&docsetVersion=14.2&docsetTarget=emhpprcref_hpneura...

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation