BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ggao
Calcite | Level 5

I was trying to ensemble HP Forest model with Elastic Net logistic model and gradient boosting model in EM. Unfortunately, it always gives me error said "link cannot be added as the nodes are not compatible with each other". Any solution for this?

scshot 1.png

11 REPLIES 11
mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

1)

When did you get this error?

When you run the model?

Or

When you connect two specific nodes? If this the case which nodes are they?

2) Can you connect the HP Forest Node alone with the Ensemble Node and run the model without error?

ggao
Calcite | Level 5

When I connect HP Forest with Ensemble node, the error showed up.

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

So it is not related to other not HP nodes.

It is just HP Forest Node an Ensemble Node, not working together. because if you tried other HP nodes instead of the HP Forest it will work fine.

With version 13.2, i can connect the two nodes, but then i get run time error not the same error but it does not work too.

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Mohamed you are right there are two issues depending on the EM version.

ggao, it seems like you can mix and match HP/non-HP starting EM13.1 as per your invalid link error.

The rest of us with EM13.1 or newer will get a generic "Run time error" when trying to ensemble a node that does not produce score code (like HP Forest).

ggao
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks so much guys for your help!

ggao
Calcite | Level 5

Do you guys know how to perform random forest without using HP Forest node?

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

It is just the HP Forest option that is in EM.

Starting from EM 13.1 you can use new node called "Open Source Integration" which enables the integration with the R language inside a SAS Enterprise Miner flow. Then you can run the randomForest package in R and get the result in the EM.

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

Also i found that _in case of ensemble a node that does not produce score code _ it may run without error. But we do not get result from the ensemble node result. For example in case of ensemble MBR Node with other nodes.

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

What version of EM are you using? In the first versions of EM with HPDM you could not mix and match HP/non-HP nodes. In more recent versions you can.

Also, you cannot do ensembles of nodes that do not produce score code. For example, the HPForest node can only score through an additional step (https://communities.sas.com/docs/DOC-7832). So technically you could work this around, although I haven't done it.

The Ensemble node combines the score codes of several modeling nodes, but HPForest is not supported. It definitely is on our list to address this.

I hope it helps,

Miguel

ggao
Calcite | Level 5

I am using EM 12.3

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation