BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kdp
Calcite | Level 5 kdp
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,

I have data by 15min intervals which indicates the percentage of demand that occurred during that 15min of the day. For ex:

06/11/09 8:00 - 2%
06/11/09 8:15 - 1.5%
06/11/09 8:30 - 5%

The percentages of all timestamps throughout the day add up to 100%. I have this data for one year.

What I want to do is group days with similar distribution patterns according to number of peaks and when those peaks occur.

The reason I want to do this is to figure out what driver is responsible for the different patterns.

Any ideas or thughts on how to approach the groupings?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
DLing
Obsidian | Level 7
How about clustering the days using the measurements as variables. This can put days with similar patterns together. Looking at the outcome clusters may give more insight on next step.
kdp
Calcite | Level 5 kdp
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the idea DLing!

I will try it out in Enterprise Miner and post my results.
kdp
Calcite | Level 5 kdp
Calcite | Level 5
DLing - your idea worked perfectly - Thank you once again!

I used one year of data as an input and the cluster node created four different clusters. Then I used the Segment Profile node to look at each cluster and see what driver values are represented in each cluster.

Although the clusters made sense, I wish it was more sensitive. It should have created anywhere from 10-20 clusters. Maybe there is some setting I need to adjust, so it becomes more sensitive and in turn creates more clusters.

kdp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation