BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
IvanGV
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, how are you?

I've been starting to use SAS Enterprise Miner 7.1 H1 and I was wondering if there's any efficent way of programming arbitrary parameters' searches.

For example:

- When tuning K for K-NN, I manually created 10 nodes with 10 different K values.

- When tuning Hidden Units for a Neural Network, I had to do the same thing.

When you want to get greedy with your search space, programming it this way becomes quite tedious.

Is there a way to use a single encapsulating node and easily set different parameters combinations to be tested, instead of having to manually set different model nodes?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Ivan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Ivan,

This is supported for neural networks using the AutoNeural node.

For other models the only alternative that comes to mind is to use macro programming on base SAS to do multiple calls of a procedure with different parameters.

I hope this helps,

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Ivan,

This is supported for neural networks using the AutoNeural node.

For other models the only alternative that comes to mind is to use macro programming on base SAS to do multiple calls of a procedure with different parameters.

I hope this helps,

Miguel

IvanGV
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Miguel, I'm already using AutoNeural so I'll look into macro programming.

If anyone has any code samples to use as reference, I would appreciate those very much, thank you.

Ivan.

camontanezp
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Miguel and Ivan,

I also wonder if there is an example code and if you could guide me to where to write the macro, is it done by adding a SAS code node to the diagram? Thanks.
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi camontanezp,

Welcome to the SAS Data Mining and Machine Learning Community, thanks for your question! Since it's been quite a while since Miguel and Ivan's discussion, I recommend opening a New Message with your question and reference this thread in that post. 

Best,

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation