BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
huwenhuo1
Calcite | Level 5

If there a free way to learn Enterprise Miner?

I checked with onDemand SAS which seems only has SAS Studio as default. And I failed to create a course to use Miner. I think the University Edition is similar to Studio. 

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

No, there is no free access to EM. Taking a course would give you access. 

huwenhuo1
Calcite | Level 5

What kind of course you mean? Can you give me a link for this? 

M_EEddlestone
SAS Employee

If you do not already have access to the software, there is a self-paced version of the course, Applied Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Miner, that will give you access to a learning environment.

If you already have the software, there is a free book, Getting Started with SAS Enterprise Miner (PDF version available from this link as well), that also includes sample data for the examples. In addition, there are a number of complementary live and on-demand seminars as part of the Ask the Expert series.

Edited to correct links to resources.

huwenhuo1
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much for both. 

M_EEddlestone
SAS Employee
You're very welcome! I've edited my original reply to ensure all of the links are present.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: One minor correction: The e-learning class for Applied Analytics using SAS Enterprise Miner does NOT come with software.

If you take the classroom or Live Web version of the course, there is software access on our lab machines.

Most of the people who take the Applied Analytics using Enterprise Miner course as e-learning will already have access to SAS EM through work or school. Or, if a University Professor sets up a course on our OnDemand server, then the Professor can invite you to his/her class -- but these are the only ways to get EM to practice with for free.

If you attend the SAS Academy for Data Science or are in the US and purchase the Blended Learning module for the SAS Academy that includes this class, THEN, you can get access to the EM software. But Enterprise Miner software is not available as free learning software.

Please see this page for a description of the Blended Learning modules the one with EM access is the Advanced Analytics Professional Exam 1: https://www.sas.com/en_us/learn/academy-data-science/advanced-analytics-certification.html (scroll down and click the + next to Blended Learning) -- the restriction on the Blended Learning purchase is that you must be in the US to purchase.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation