BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
andreas_zaras
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

In a (logistic) regression node i don't see the concordance/ discordance fit statistc in the fit statistics window of the results output. Can i find it somewhere else? If this statistic in not produced how are we supposed to check the fit of a logistc regression model that produces rankings (logit scores)?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

1 REPLY 1
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

Since SAS Enterprise Miner was designed for very large data sets which often are fraught with problems such as missing values, there are several classical statistical techniques that are not calculated in SAS Enterprise Miner.  In some cases, it is just not possible to compute those metrics for the number of observations in a typical data mining data set. 

Instead of relying on those metrics, you can usually validate your model on holdout data in data mining.  Candidate models are trained on a portion of the data and the best model can be chosen based on its performance on the holdout data.   This would not work for classical methods for which data is often quite limited.

I hope this helps!

Doug 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation