BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
viva0521
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello there,

I recently found a question that when I imported an Excel file which has 12,246 rows and 77 columns via File Import node. I can view some basic statistics by exploring a particular variable. I am surpringly found that SAS only provide first 10,000 data points showing in frequency plot. And I do specify the maximum rows and columns to 100,000. Again, it only computated the first 10,000 data points, would anyone suggest what should I do in order to get the ALL data points summarized statistics, thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

I rarely use the File Import node, but I think the Explore properties are the same for all the nodes.

When I do data exploration in Enterprise Miner, I bump up two settings.

1. Click on your project name to see its properties. Your project is on the top left panel right on top of Diagrams, Data Sources, and Model packages menus.

Next, click on the ellipsis for Project macro variables. Change EM_ExploreOBS_MAX to be a higher number.

project macro variables.png

2. Go to Options-> Preferences. Specify Sample Method as Random and Fetch Size as Max.

Now Enterprise Miner will pick up the Max that you specified on the previous step.

preferences.png

I hope this helps!

-Miguel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

I rarely use the File Import node, but I think the Explore properties are the same for all the nodes.

When I do data exploration in Enterprise Miner, I bump up two settings.

1. Click on your project name to see its properties. Your project is on the top left panel right on top of Diagrams, Data Sources, and Model packages menus.

Next, click on the ellipsis for Project macro variables. Change EM_ExploreOBS_MAX to be a higher number.

project macro variables.png

2. Go to Options-> Preferences. Specify Sample Method as Random and Fetch Size as Max.

Now Enterprise Miner will pick up the Max that you specified on the previous step.

preferences.png

I hope this helps!

-Miguel

mathew17
Calcite | Level 5

In order to load local data into SAS Enterprise Miner OnDemand, follow these steps:

1) Create a SAS Enterprise Miner Project

2) Create a new diagram

3) From the "Sample" tab add a "File Import" node to your new diagram

4) Select the "File Import" node on the diagram and from the properties panel click on the "..." beside the "Import File" option in the "Train" section.

5) Select "My Computer" and click on "Browse..."

6) Select the file you are interested in (possible file types are shown below) and click "OK" (watch out it may take a little while for this step to complete). The easiest format to use is a comm-separated file where the first row contains comma separated variable names.

7) Right click on the "File Import" node and choose "Edit Variables" to set the roles and levels for the variables in the dataset.

😎 Continue as normal. Software Testing Training in Chennai

Evaldas
Calcite | Level 5

Why this one comes when i try to import .xls file to Enterprise Miner :

But its full of data

sas.jpg

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation