BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Zachary
Obsidian | Level 7

Please view the following basic code that I put into a SAS Code Node within Enterprise Miner:

%let EXPORT_DIR_NAME = \\SAS01\sasusers\Shared\PredictiveModeling;
%let EXPORT_TABLE_NAME = ExportedContinuousData;

libname export "&EXPORT_DIR_NAME";

data export.&EXPORT_TABLE_NAME.;
  set &EM_IMPORT_DATA;
  keep _NODE_ P_BLEND_GROSS_LOAD V_BLEND_GROSS_LOAD BLEND_GROSS_LOAD PURE_PREMIUM COST_CENTER_ID;
  replace;
run;

It worked perfectly before I had the line saying replace in there, but now it just will not work.

Thank you very much in advance.

Message was edited by: Communities Admin (removed email and phone for security reasons)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

I googled an example. It seems that you should use a modify statement instead of a set statement.

SAS Replace Statement

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000201991.htm

Zach, why do you need to use a replace statement in your SAS Code Node? This code would re-run every time you run that path on your EM diagram, wouldn't it?

I hope it helps,

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
art297
Opal | Level 21

The REPLACE statement can appear only in a DATA step that contains a MODIFY statement

Zachary
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you. Do you have an example handy of the modify command? Or would you suggest doing it outside of the DATA step?

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

I googled an example. It seems that you should use a modify statement instead of a set statement.

SAS Replace Statement

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lrdict/64316/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a000201991.htm

Zach, why do you need to use a replace statement in your SAS Code Node? This code would re-run every time you run that path on your EM diagram, wouldn't it?

I hope it helps,

Miguel

art297
Opal | Level 21

Since all you are doing is saving a copy of an existing SAS dataset, simply remove the line that contains the replace statement. You simply shouldn't use a replace statement for what you are trying to do.

However, since you asked, the documentation about it can be found at: SAS(R) 9.2 Language Reference: Dictionary, Fourth Edition

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation