BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
okcken
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am trying to do seamless export of data from a database to SAS. I am trying to follow the Redcap model of downloading three files: SAS file, Pathway mapper and CSV file. Does anyone in the community know how to go about implementing this?

Sorry, if I am asking this question in the wrong discussion community. If I am, please direct me to the right group.

Thank you!

Ken

6 REPLIES 6
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hey Ken,

Enterprise Miner 13.2 and newer have the Save Data node.

If you are on an older version, got your back here:

I hope it helps,

Miguel

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Ken,

My bad... I first read your question as exporting SAS Enterprise Miner data into base SAS. But you need something else right?

Where are you trying to get your data from? what database? and what is a pathway mapper?

I might have a clue of what you need. But it can't hurt to cross post here:

Good luck!

M

okcken
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Miguel.

Apparently, Redcap has a way to export data from MySQL database for end users via a Pathway Mapper file. Please see this image below. Ken

SASexport.JPG

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

I don't know anything about Redcap... but really nice that they can save your data in sas format already!

As long as you can get a csv, or any kind of data format (txt,xslx,ascii delimited, etc), it is really easy to write a sas program to read your data in. The data step is really flexible and powerful for reading in data.

glad you got what you need. take care!

PatrickHall
Obsidian | Level 7

Ken,

IF you have SAS/ACCESS to MySQL that would be more direct. Your MySQL tables would just show in a SAS library, then you could copy and manipulate them as you like inside SAS.

Also, I think the Save Data Node became available in EM 13.1.

Good Luck,

p

overmar
Obsidian | Level 7

I have used the redcap SAS import before and its straight forward. The last time I did it it gave me a csv file and a sas program which will important everything including enforced formats, if you used a radio button it will output correctly. However if you used a check all that apply response the file can get quite expansive, and then you need to recode things so that multiple columns of responses will be in a single column. Otherwise its a really nice feature.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation