BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9
I'm getting an error as below: [ java.io.FileNotFoundException: Z:\FolderRedir\Win2008\Downloads\test SAS infomap.xml (Permission denied) ] ERROR: The procedure was unable to export the information map "IMAP_OSR_MOMB" in "/Users/MyUser/My Folder". when running a proc infomaps call like so: proc infomaps;/* Export an information map to a physical location. */ /* Note that the sample locations are operating system-specific. */ export infomap "IMAP_OSR_MOMB" file="Z:\FolderRedir\Win2008\Downloads\test SAS infomap.xml" mappath="/Users/MyUser/My Folder"; where I've scrubbed some of the more important file path names for security. It looks like I need to change the folder permissions in order to export the info-map to XML. Any alternate ideas? Regards, Chad Caulkins "Data Miner Virtuoso"
e-SAS regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User
18 file="H:\FolderRedir\Win2008\infomap.xml"
19 mappath="/2017 Census Test/Paper Data Capture/Information Maps";

Here, you are mixing UNIX and Windows style file/pathname syntax. What operating system is your SAS server running on?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

From the "IMAP_OSR_MOMB" in "/Users/MyUser/My Folder" you are also apparently running into a cross-operating system issue. I would guess that you have a server running and the server does not have a map to your desired output location which is Windows. So you may need to work with your SAS admin about how to point the output to that location from the server's point of view.

ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you, W - the issue is slightly more complicated but I will follow up first with the SAS admins and let you all know what ?transpires?
e-SAS regards,

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It looks like you are trying to export from someone's personal My Folder area. Unless you are the owner of that folder, then I do not think you will be able to export that map. Add the following to your PROC INFOMAPS statement to see if you get additional information:

proc infomaps debug=yes;

ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, Madelyn - That someone is actually me :$ I've just gotten used to masking sensitive information when sending it out to external consultants, vendors, etc. Here's the output from proc infomaps debug=yes; this time with a more generic pathname:

[...]

14 GOPTIONS ACCESSIBLE;
15 proc infomaps debug=yes;/* Export an information map to a physical location. */
16 /* Note that the sample locations are operating system-specific. */
17 export infomap "IMAP_17_9311_UAA"
[ java.io.FileNotFoundException: H:\FolderRedir\Win2008\infomap.xml (Permission denied) ]
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:194)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:84)
at com.sas.iquery.baseinteg.ProcInfoMaps.exportXML(ProcInfoMaps.java:4729)
at com.sas.iquery.baseinteg.ProcInfoMaps.exportInformationMap(ProcInfoMaps.java:4716)

ERROR: The procedure was unable to export the information map "IMAP_17_9311_UAA" in "/2017 Census Test/Paper Data
Capture/Information Maps".
21 GOPTIONS NOACCESSIBLE;
22 %LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL=;
23 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH=;
24 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME=;
25 %LET _SASPROGRAMFILE=;
27 ;*';*";*/;quit;

NOTE: PROCEDURE INFOMAPS used (Total process time):
real time 5.86 seconds
user cpu time 0.01 seconds
system cpu time 0.00 seconds
Memory 120k
OS Memory 11556k
Timestamp 12/20/2016 3:49:04 PM
Page Faults 0
Page Reclaims 162
Page Swaps 0
Voluntary Context Switches 1987
Involuntary Context Switches 13
Block Input Operations 0
Block Output Operations 0

27 ! run;
2 The SAS System 15:48 Tuesday, December 20, 2016

28 ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;
31 QUIT; RUN;

e-SAS regards,

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It really does look like file permissions at that path on the H drive. Do you have a different location you can use to test. Somewhere you are sure you have permissions for?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Here, you are mixing UNIX and Windows style file/pathname syntax. What operating system is your SAS server running on?

ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9
Spoiler
Apology to Madelyn SuperUser: I didn't realize that because the Compute Tier is actually running on Linux, it was destined to fail - that code with the hard-coded path was, that is 🙂

I've determined that in fact the Computer Server is running on Linux and it was a matter of writing the file to /tmp. Let me know if I can be more explicit in my explanation - of course, I might have to "kill"/unfriend you on Facebook after that 🙂

e-SAS regards,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation