BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ramazanunlu
Calcite | Level 5

I am new user in SAS enterprise miner and need help for something easy. I have a data set with one ID variable and nineteen predictors.

1. I need to find correlation coefficient values with target for each predictors.
  2. Target value is 0 or 1, and let say one predictor has 4 level. I need to explore which level has how many 0 and 1 response (maybe creating an histogram.)

So far, I put the data in main diagram, then created StatExplore node, and run it. The results do not show what I need. You can see result in attached pic. Can anyone help?

result.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Hi there,

It looks like the target has the level interval instead of binary.  If you right-click on the Input Data node and select Edit Variables, you can change the level for your target to Binary there, then re-run the StatExplore node.  Then in the Results under View>Summary Statistics, you can view the Class Variables: TARGET plot to see the distributions that you want, or the Cell Chi-Squares table.

Note that also from the Edit Variables window of the Input Data node, you can select all the variables and click on Explore.  This will plot histograms for each individual variable, and these plots are interactive so you can click on the bar for one of the levels in the histogram for your target to see the distribution of the other variables just for that level.

Give that a try, and report back how that all goes!

Thanks,

Wendy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Hi there,

It looks like the target has the level interval instead of binary.  If you right-click on the Input Data node and select Edit Variables, you can change the level for your target to Binary there, then re-run the StatExplore node.  Then in the Results under View>Summary Statistics, you can view the Class Variables: TARGET plot to see the distributions that you want, or the Cell Chi-Squares table.

Note that also from the Edit Variables window of the Input Data node, you can select all the variables and click on Explore.  This will plot histograms for each individual variable, and these plots are interactive so you can click on the bar for one of the levels in the histogram for your target to see the distribution of the other variables just for that level.

Give that a try, and report back how that all goes!

Thanks,

Wendy

mathew17
Calcite | Level 5

The exploration of node relationships and patterns using data from an assortment of computations, charts, and graphs commonly used in SAS procedures

A step-by-step approach to each node discussion, along with an assortment of illustrations that acquaint the reader with the SAS Enterprise Miner working environment

Descriptive detail of the powerful Score node and associated SAS code, which showcases the important of managing, editing, executing, and creating custom-designed Score code for the benefit of fair and comprehensive business decision-making
Complete coverage of the wide variety of statistical techniques that can be performed using the SEMMA nodes

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation