BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Alexi
Calcite | Level 5

How would I identify important variables before doing any cluster analysis, I have a big data base of customer (purchase,loyalty..), 150 feature.

I want to work in two step: 1- Eliminate feature which is unuseful for clustering, e.g. an equivalent of correlation analyse between target and feature in supervised clustering. 2-Eliminate correlated feature, use cluster of variables, PCA. Then i do the classification.

I'm very well in the second step, but i have no idea for the first step, what is the equivalent in unsupervised clustering? which exploratory analysis can help me?

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User
Check variable cluster analysis.

proc varclus

MelodieRush
SAS Employee

You can also use the Variable Cluster Node under Explore2017-04-07_13-24-40.jpg

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation