BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

We need an example of how Enterprise Miner may be leveraged in fraud analysis banking domain. Are there any Samples/Examples available?

Thanks for any help you offer me.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Historically most banking-related fraud detection systems have used a rules-based approach. This works OK for simple fraud detection. For example finding international ATM transactions done with ATM cards that are exclusively used in one country.

However for more sophisticated types of fraud predictive modelling can detect fraud where simple rules wont. One example I had involvement with is the so-called credit card "bin attack" fraud. This is where the fraudster may have stolen credit card numbers or may try to generate genuine credit card numbers using software (tools for this can be found on the Internet). The fraudster then proceeds to test these card numbers on insecure online merchant sites using "tester" transactions. By cycling through card numbers in sequence in combination with expiry dates it is possible a find card numbers that work. Then the big transactions are done.

By analysing all these transactions using a predictive approach it is possible to identify these fraudulent transactions very quickly and take steps to prevent bigger fraud happening.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Many thanks for your example. Appreciate if you point me to the document which explains Fraud analysis with simple example.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can find Fraud examples by searching sas.com with the key word fraud.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation