BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
youyunjupiter
Fluorite | Level 6

I used the same transaction data for both association and market basket node. Result is returned with association node but error appeared under market basket node. May I check what possible causes are?

Error shown in result: Run time error was encoutered. Pls see the log for more details.

Error in log: The variable RULE in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never been referenced. (Appeared in log row 538 right after line, "MPRINT(TRAIN): set EWMS1.MRKBSKT_OUTRULE(keep=RULE transpose);"

I am quite new to SAS EM and your help is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi YouYun,

It looks like for that specific data set, MBA node cannot find rules with the constraints settings you are using. What happens when you make the Constraints more relaxed? E.g. change support type from percent to count, with a small count value; also decrease the minimum confidence level.

HIH!

-Miguel

youyunjupiter
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Miguel for your reply! I tried to align the criterion used in MBA to those used in AA, however, same error happened. 

After that, I tried to use count for support and changed min count = 5, however, insufficient memory error happened..

Here is the setup used in AA

Setting used in AA.PNG

Here is the setup used in MBA

Setting used in MBA.PNG

youyunjupiter
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Miguel, It run through after I specified minimum lift. I am not sure whether it is the normal behavior as minimum lift was set as "-" as the default setting. Anyway, glad that MB node becomes green finally. Thanks! 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation