Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Error when running Getting Started example

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error when running Getting Started example

I am following the Getting Started with Enterprise Miner 7.1 at SAS Enterprise Miner

I am running this on 32-bit windows VM under Parallels Desktop.

My SAS Configuration is at the end of this message.

Everything is working fine, up until I add the Replacement Node.  The replacement node is basic, and they just ask us to change the Interval Variables -> Default Limits Method to "None"

and then set some of the Class Variables in the Replacement Editor.  I have set these so that DONOR_GENDER "A" is set to Replacement Value _UNKNOWN_ and SES and URBANCITY values of "?" are set to _MISSING_.

The error I get is:

5516       goptions reset=all device=WMF target=jpeg NODISPLAY;

________

ERROR 180-322: Statement is not valid or it is used out of proper order.

I have put the actual project file and data here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14091323/SAS%20Problem.zip

The "getstarted53" is the folder I downloaded from the SAS Page SAS Enterprise Miner

and "Getting Started Charitable Giving Example" is my Project folder.

I can run the nodes up to before Replacement.  The Imported Data for the Replacement Node looks fine, it shows my TRAIN and VALIDATE data.

Any help on how I can further troubleshoot would be helpful.  I am limited to running in a VM since I don't have any physical Windows boxes, but all of the SAS Software I run in this same

VM without issues.

Thank You,

Brian

Here is my configuration output from Help->About

SAS Enterprise Miner 7.1 M1

SAS Credit Scoring 7.1 M1

SAS Text Miner 5.1 M1

Installation:

Full Desktop Installation

Java Runtime:

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment

JVM Version:

19.1-b02

Operating System:

Windows 7

Java Classpath:

C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASVersionedJarRepository\eclipse\plugins\sas.launcher.jar

SAS Workspace Server

System type:

WIN W32_7PRO

User ID:

bfeeny

SAS system version:

9.03.01M1P110211

SAS process ID:

SAS process name:

Object Server

SAS site number:

License:

Desktop

Grid Available:

No

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-28-2014 07:54 PM
Occasional Contributor

Re: Error when running Getting Started example

Just an update on this in case anyone else encounters something similar.  I opened up a track, and SAS quickly responded and told me that I did not have SAS/GRAPH installed.  Somehow, when creating my initial Software Depot, I must have not checked it.  I got it installed and now EM is working fine without errors!  Thank you SAS Support!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-28-2014 07:54 PM
Occasional Contributor

Just an update on this in case anyone else encounters something similar.  I opened up a track, and SAS quickly responded and told me that I did not have SAS/GRAPH installed.  Somehow, when creating my initial Software Depot, I must have not checked it.  I got it installed and now EM is working fine without errors!  Thank you SAS Support!

Super Contributor

I second that, the guys at SAS Support are a 10 out of 10, they're just awesome!
Brian, thanks for the update and good luck with your data mining projects! I hope you present some of your results at the Analytics, SAS Global Forum, or any other conference in the near future.

-Miguel

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation