BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pmdci
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi there,

I am currently working on SAS Enterprise Miner (v4.3) and I am creating quite a complex model, with connection lines all over the place.

The diagram looks a little sloppy because I only know how to create straight lines. However I noticed that sometimes SAS automatically adds an angle to some lines, thus allowing me to create L shaped connections.

I was wondering if there is a way for me to manually do that to some connection lines? That would greatly improve the presentation of my diagram!

Thank sin advance for the help

Regards,

P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

There are not any methods to add angles or vertices to the connecting lines; however, you might consider using one or more Control Point nodes in your diagram.   The Control Point node does not process the data but merely serves as a connecting point to help connect one or more predecessor nodes to one or more subsequent nodes.  Suppose for instance that you had fit 5 different models and you wanted to connect each of them directly to a Model Comparison node, a Score node, and a SAS Code node.   This would ordinarily take 15 connections (5*3=15) but you can put a Control Point in between the modeling nodes and the final nodes which would require only 8 connections.  You could connect each of the 5 modeling nodes to the left side of the Control Point node and you could create 3 more connections to connect the Control Point to the Model Comparison node, the Score node, and the SAS Code node requiring 5+3=8 total connections.   You could likewise use a Control Point to serve as a vertex to move your lines away from the rest of the flow to make the diagram look less cluttered. 

I hope this helps!

Doug

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

There are not any methods to add angles or vertices to the connecting lines; however, you might consider using one or more Control Point nodes in your diagram.   The Control Point node does not process the data but merely serves as a connecting point to help connect one or more predecessor nodes to one or more subsequent nodes.  Suppose for instance that you had fit 5 different models and you wanted to connect each of them directly to a Model Comparison node, a Score node, and a SAS Code node.   This would ordinarily take 15 connections (5*3=15) but you can put a Control Point in between the modeling nodes and the final nodes which would require only 8 connections.  You could connect each of the 5 modeling nodes to the left side of the Control Point node and you could create 3 more connections to connect the Control Point to the Model Comparison node, the Score node, and the SAS Code node requiring 5+3=8 total connections.   You could likewise use a Control Point to serve as a vertex to move your lines away from the rest of the flow to make the diagram look less cluttered. 

I hope this helps!

Doug

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation