BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
elsolo21
Fluorite | Level 6

This may be a really basic question but I couldn't find the answer.  When Scoring a dataset, does it have to have ONLY the exact variables that the model uses?  With each model change, I keep changing the scoring dataset to match the best model.  If I leave all the original variables, will it just ignore the ones the model doesn't use?  At one point I saw that when scoring output from an HP Forest node it included the 'extra' variables in it's scoring 'scorecard' so I became a little confused.

Sorry if this is posted on the wrong board.  I didn't see a specific one for Enterprise Miner.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeStockstill
SAS Employee

Hello Elsolo21-

The data set that you are going to use for scoring can contain variables that are not used by the score code.  You do not need to remove variables that are not used by the score code.

Have a great week.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

I think you answered your own question.

Since the purpose of scoring is basically to create a modeled value from the input variables a likely use would be compare an existing measurement or other modeled value with the current model result. Which would be difficult if the other measurement(s) were excluded.

elsolo21
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for that response but I don't think I explained my question well enough.  This is a SAS EM 'logistics' question.  I already have a viable model and I'm scoring a separate dataset using that model.  However, If I need to tweak the model, the variables that are brought in could differ each time.  When that happens, I've been creating a new score dataset using only those new variables.  My question is can I have a scoring dataset will ALL the original variables?  Will the score node ignore the 'extra' variables not included in the final model node (in this case it's an HP Forest). This will speed up the process for evaluating the scoring node output.

thanks again.

MikeStockstill
SAS Employee

Hello Elsolo21-

The data set that you are going to use for scoring can contain variables that are not used by the score code.  You do not need to remove variables that are not used by the score code.

Have a great week.

elsolo21
Fluorite | Level 6

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank You!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation