BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LS
Calcite | Level 5 LS
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I am running EM 5.3, Java Web deployed to a Solaris 10 box. Most of the time, the GUI does not get refreshed and the hour-glass icon stays on the screen although the process has finished executing (a decision tree for example ...).
I tried a lot of things already, including increasing the Java parameters that go in the AP server config. My Java version on both Client and Server seems to be OK and is 1.4.2_09.
Has anybody experienced this situation of has a tip?

Thank you all
5 REPLIES 5
David_Duling
SAS Employee
Luiz, it is impossible to say anything sensible without looking at your system. However, make sure you have the EM 5.3 hotfixes from the SAS tech support web page, and if the problem persists then call tech support. We definitely do not want you to have this problem! -David
LS
Calcite | Level 5 LS
Calcite | Level 5
David,

Thanks for writing. Actually, I do have all the hotfixes suggested by SAS Tech Support. This problem has a ticked opened with SAS Tech for quite a long time and nobody can solve this. I've tried a lot of things already, from Hot fixes to re-installations.

Thank you
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am having similar problems (see my new thread above).

Were you able to resolve this issue?
LS
Calcite | Level 5 LS
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I gave up trying to fix the problem with SAS 9.1.3 EM 5.3 (nobody could figure what the problem is)
I just installed SAS 9.2 EM 6.1 and unfortunatelly, the very same problem still exits.
Please let me know of any hints to figure what is causing this problem.

Thank you luiz.simonetti@bmo.com
Andy361
Calcite | Level 5
All,
I am having the same problem as LuizBMO. My screen is not refreshing even after EM has finished running. I've actually had to go out to the EMWS/System file to confirm it's not running.
The only way I can continue with the project is to kill EM altogether and re-start it.
This happens on the Server/Client version as well as my Desktop version.
I suspect it has something to do with Java, but I really don't know.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation