BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Joel_Wesley
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm wondering if the Ensemble node can be used to create ensembles from an arbitrary number and type of models?  I am trying to build an ensemble from logistic regression and support vector machine, but I'm getting a non-specific run-time error, pointing me to the log for details.  I'm currently trying to decipher this, but I'm just wondering at this point if anyone has had this problem?  I don't get an error when building an ensemble from regression and decision tree, for example.

Thanks,

Joel

2 REPLIES 2
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Joel,

SVM node was experimental and the proc that runs behind the scenes does not produce score code. This is what makes the Ensemble node fail.

Starting EM13.2 you have HPSVM node that both produces great results and also plays well with the Ensemble node.

This is the very first time I added an HPSVM in my ensembles. It has good discordance and is helping my gradient boosting. I will keep track of how well HPSVMs complement other types of models.

Sorry SVM is not a good candidate for your ensembles. I hope you get to work with HPSVM soon!

Good luck,

Miguel

Joel_Wesley
Fluorite | Level 6

That's extremely helpful.  Thanks Miguel!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation