BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jonathangrant
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. I want to enable the statistics check-box in the variable properties view in Enterprise Miner. From the attached screenshot, you can see that it is greyed out for me. This occurs regardless of the type of data I've input or the node which I am exploring.

Is this an issue with the data that I'm using, or is there some sort of functionality that needs to be enabled on my profile for me to choose this option?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

eguide issue.png

7 REPLIES 7
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Jonathan,

I suspect it is because the underlying table is a SAS temporary table (in the WORK library) and doesn't contain the data yet so it is unable to show you the statistics. If you run the node, the table will be populated and the statistics checkbox will probably appear. The same type of thing happens when you are using the Formula dialog.

Cheers,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
lryan
SAS Employee

Hi Jonathan - are you using the Advanced Advisor or the Basic Advisor?  In the Basic Advisor, the Statistics box is grayed out.  In the Advanced Advisor, it should be available.  We always recommend using the Advanced Advisor. 

jonathangrant
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Laura, this has resolved my issue. Many thanks, Jonathan

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Jonathan, I'm glad this fixed your issue. Can you mark Laura's reply as "correct or helpful answer"? That way others can reference the solution in the future. Thanks! Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

lryan
SAS Employee

Hi Jonathan - I'm glad that resolved your issue!  Thanks for the feedback.

NicolasC
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I know it is a very old thread but I have the same issue, regardless whether I use the advanced or basic advisor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nicolas

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi @NicolasC,

You're right, this is a super old thread. I suggest you open a new topic on the community to start fresh. Feel free to link to this thread for background.

Thanks!

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation