Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Enabling the "statistics" check-box in the variable properties view

New Contributor

Enabling the "statistics" check-box in the variable properties view

Hi, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. I want to enable the statistics check-box in the variable properties view in Enterprise Miner. From the attached screenshot, you can see that it is greyed out for me. This occurs regardless of the type of data I've input or the node which I am exploring.

Is this an issue with the data that I'm using, or is there some sort of functionality that needs to be enabled on my profile for me to choose this option?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

eguide issue.png

Trusted Advisor

Re: Enabling the "statistics" check-box in the variable properties view

Hi Jonathan,

I suspect it is because the underlying table is a SAS temporary table (in the WORK library) and doesn't contain the data yet so it is unable to show you the statistics. If you run the node, the table will be populated and the statistics checkbox will probably appear. The same type of thing happens when you are using the Formula dialog.

Cheers,

Michelle

SAS Employee

Hi Jonathan - are you using the Advanced Advisor or the Basic Advisor?  In the Basic Advisor, the Statistics box is grayed out.  In the Advanced Advisor, it should be available.  We always recommend using the Advanced Advisor. 

New Contributor

Hi Laura, this has resolved my issue. Many thanks, Jonathan

Community Manager

Jonathan, I'm glad this fixed your issue. Can you mark Laura's reply as "correct or helpful answer"? That way others can reference the solution in the future. Thanks! Anna

SAS Employee

Hi Jonathan - I'm glad that resolved your issue!  Thanks for the feedback.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation