Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Editing a variable in Sas Enterprise Miner

New Contributor

Editing a variable in Sas Enterprise Miner

Does anyone know why when i go to edit my variables in my data source the window locks and doesn't allow me to do so? I can't edit anything in my diagram without it locking and me having to end task the project?

SAS Employee

Re: Editing a variable in Sas Enterprise Miner

Posted in reply to kmit212004

Please contact Tech Support at support@sas.com. They can help you resolve this issue.

New Contributor

Posted in reply to MelodieRush

Hi! I seem to be getting the run around when trying to speak with a technical support person. I emailed someone and they refer me to go here. I missed a whole lecture last night because of this issue. Every time I click on edit variables my screen locks out, I don't see the screen with my variables, and I have to manually shut it down and restart it. I have a project I need to start working on. 

SAS Employee

It looks like maybe you are running into a dual screen issue. (ie the variable screen is popping up on another screen, that you don't have access too). Check out this note and see if this helps http://support.sas.com/kb/57/126.html
New Contributor

Posted in reply to MelodieRush

Thanks! Unfortunately, it's not even giving me the second box (it's just locking and I don't see where that box is and that doesn't work). I'm going to have to have my professor take a look. Thank you!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Please post the resolution as this is showing up for our class too in SAS EM 14.3.

Sometimes, it's ok if a secondary monitor is plugged in, but not every time.

The only 'out' is to kill SAS, restart, and never click the edit variables ellipses. 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation