BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kmit212004
Calcite | Level 5

Does anyone know why when i go to edit my variables in my data source the window locks and doesn't allow me to do so? I can't edit anything in my diagram without it locking and me having to end task the project?

6 REPLIES 6
MelodieRush
SAS Employee

Please contact Tech Support at support@sas.com. They can help you resolve this issue.

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

kmit212004
Calcite | Level 5

Hi! I seem to be getting the run around when trying to speak with a technical support person. I emailed someone and they refer me to go here. I missed a whole lecture last night because of this issue. Every time I click on edit variables my screen locks out, I don't see the screen with my variables, and I have to manually shut it down and restart it. I have a project I need to start working on. 

MelodieRush
SAS Employee
It looks like maybe you are running into a dual screen issue. (ie the variable screen is popping up on another screen, that you don't have access too). Check out this note and see if this helps http://support.sas.com/kb/57/126.html

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

kmit212004
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks! Unfortunately, it's not even giving me the second box (it's just locking and I don't see where that box is and that doesn't work). I'm going to have to have my professor take a look. Thank you!

rnibbe0
Calcite | Level 5

Please post the resolution as this is showing up for our class too in SAS EM 14.3.

Sometimes, it's ok if a secondary monitor is plugged in, but not every time.

The only 'out' is to kill SAS, restart, and never click the edit variables ellipses. 

SASAA
Calcite | Level 5
I am getting the same issue - Every time I click on edit the variables my screen locks out, I don't see the screen with my variables, and I have to manually shut it down and restart my computer.
I need to use this funtion for my homework. Can anyone help me pls?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation