BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dylanz
Calcite | Level 5

I am using EG and I am consistently running into this error with hpsplit:

ERROR: HPSPLIT stopped due to an internal error (0xF307)

I cannot diagnose the source of the error. This is the only error message it gives. So, it is hard to troubleshoot with little details.

I am trying to create trees for a predictor by a variable. I know that hpsplit does not have by statement. I have a macro to take care of that but that is not issue. The subset data returns the error, but using the full dataset (as a test to see if hpsplit is corrupted or not) works fine.

From the output of the subset, I can get the Tree Performance and the variable importance. However, it will not output the predictions from the score-statement(which is what I need). I have googled around to try to find information on the error. I have not found anything on it. So I thought I would post and see if anyone has ran into problem and found a solution(or workaround).

I wish I could provide more details but it is confidental information.

Any help will be appriciated

2 REPLIES 2
dylanz
Calcite | Level 5

Additional Information: the 0xF307 Error stems from the score statement of proc hpsplit.

Still unsure of how to fix the error, but this is the source of it

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

What version of SAS and SAS/STAT? Run proc product_status; if unsure.  The latest is SAS/STAT 14.2, and HPSPLIT had significant changes from when it was first introduced in SAS/STAT 12.1 (I think).

If you can't share your syntax/example here, I suggest opening a track with SAS Tech Support.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation