BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TMCman
Calcite | Level 5
I'm trying to train myself on Enterprise Miner by working through the examples in the getting started with 6.1 tutorial, using the Charitable Donations dataset. I followed the examples carefully and almost everything works out the same as in the tutorial, with the exception of the Score Rankings Overlay graphs, for which my plots of cumulative total expected profit are linear (with the training partition having greater slope). Is this a result of some difference in the way that EM6.1 and 6.2 deal with decision weights? Did I make a misstep somewhere? Any suggestions for tracking this down?

Many thanks!
1 REPLY 1
mastropi
Fluorite | Level 6

Well, the cumulative expected profit should not be a linear curve given the Profit/Loss matrix defined in the example (where profit and loss are constant for every case). In fact, in such constant profit/loss cases, the expected profit of a single case has a linear relationship with the predicted probability; therefore accumulating its value over the top score cases will give a non-linear relationship with the predicted probability, which will most likely also generate a non-linear relationship with the predicted probability quantiles (as the quantiles are the ones used on the horizontal axis of the graph).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation