BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
user80
Calcite | Level 5

After run 'rule induction' in EM12.1, from the results I got the first rip with a 100 pure node(say node 7) , but the next rips didn't take the 7 node rows away. Anyone knows why? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Can you explain more what you mean by the 7 node rows were not taken away?

Thanks,

Wendy

user80
Calcite | Level 5

Actual situation was that node 4, in rip4, had 100% pure (see below a tested sample), but was not removed (it said: no leaf was rippd from the model), I expected node 4's rows/observations should be removed for next rips, or further modeling process.

RIP4 Leaf Table: Threshold= 100
No leaf was ripped from the model.

Predicted:    Predicted:
Node         N     target=0      target=1

4     484942       1.0000        0.0000
11      50101       0.9993        0.0007

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I see, thank you for clarifying.

My only thought is that with the large sample size for node 4, maybe the purity isn't exactly 100% as shown, but actually 99.999 or something and that precision is just not displayed here.  You could try changing the Purity Threshold property to 99 and see if it rips node 4 as expected in that case.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation