Has anyone had trouble deploying node extensions in EM 6.1? I have everything in place and the nodes appear as they should in the GUI but they don't work. According to the 6.1 Developer's Guide, all the needed files are in the appropriate directories. I'm specifically installing Dr. Svolba's Data Preparation Nodes, a few of which I was using in EM 5.3.
I found the problem. In the 6.1 Extension Development Guide it provides examples and a template for the XML. I don't know XML but in all the examples it lists the . So, I changed the serverclass in each of the XML files from SASHELP.EMCORE.EMCODETOOL.CLASS to EM6. Well, that was the problem. Once I changed them back they all worked. Moral: don't fix it if it ain't broken.
Hello. You are right, if it ain't broke.... This is what happened:
This indicates a tool built on the foundation of the EM code node. This is valid for EM 5.3, EM 6.1, and beyond, so there is no backwards compatibility problem. In addition, the experimental extension tool functionality was based on this code in EM 5.3.
This indicates an extension tool built for EM 6.1 or later. After feedback from users of the experimental extension tool in EM 5.3, we developed a production extension tool definition for EM 6.1. This release includes many new features that aid custom tool development, such as the very powerful &EM_ACTION design.
Gerhard's superb work is based on the the EMCODETOOL class and will continue to function. Newer custom may take advantage of the EM6.1 level extension specification.