BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rmlmrmlm
Obsidian | Level 7

I developed an extended node that simply merges N data sets in a final one, this one with a dynamic name, every time the node runs.

I want to connect this Extended Node to another node, a Meta Data node or a Input Data node, using the dynamic name.

How do I reference the data set created with a dynamic name in these next Nodes?

Am I right if i say it should be would a EM_ .... variable? Do I need a SAS Code Node in the middle?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I think all you want to do is call the data set &EM_EXPORT_TRAIN, then any subsequent nodes (connected to your extension node), will have that data set as the incoming training data set.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I think all you want to do is call the data set &EM_EXPORT_TRAIN, then any subsequent nodes (connected to your extension node), will have that data set as the incoming training data set.  

rmlmrmlm
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Wendy Czika.

I think that's it!

My final code block, now, it's like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATA final_client_dataset;

MERGE client_dataset_1 client_dataset_2 client_dataset_3;

BY client_id;

RUN;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you say is to put another code block, something like this and the incoming node (for example a Metadata Node) will automatically use it?

DATA &EM_EXPORT_TRAIN;

SET final_client_data_set;

RUN;

Thank you very much! I'll try it next Monday.

rmlmrmlm
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you! It works!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation