BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am trying to predict a rare event, I read about using oversampling with the sampling node both on the following link and on EM's Help.
http://support.sas.com/kb/24/205.html

The link says that I'm not supposed to adjust frecuency for oversampling but EM's help says I should. My intention is to make a model and then score a large database with the resulting model, Should I adjust the frecuency for oversampling or not?

I tried both approaches, the cumulative lift and even some of the resulting independent variables are very different.
1 REPLY 1
Karsten_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi,

what Enterprise Miner version are you using? In Enterprise Miner 5.x, do not select the "adjust frequency for oversampling" check box as it offsets the level-based sampling / over-sampling. To my mind, you can either use the level-based sampling approach to over-sampling OR the adjust frequency approach to over-sampling. I use diagrams like this one in EM 5.3:

Input Data Source (_without_ a target profile)
>
Sample Node (with level-based sampling, no frequency adjustment)
>
Decision node (create an appropriate target profile to reflect the true priors)
>
[...]

Cheers,
Karsten

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation