BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RobertF
Obsidian | Level 7

My company will be installing SAS Enterprise Miner in the coming months - one project on our to-do list is to build a general predictive model for health care high utilizers using machine learning tools.

Inspired by the attached article, I'd like to use a recurrent neural network (RNN) in our predictive model.

Does SAS EM support RNNs? I know EM can run neural networks, but I haven't found anything specific in the documentation for RNNs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobertF
Obsidian | Level 7

Watching a YouTube piece on Deep Learning with SAS & read in the comments that the new SAS Viya toolkit includes recurrent neural nets - it doesn't look like SAS EM supports RNNs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RobertF
Obsidian | Level 7

Watching a YouTube piece on Deep Learning with SAS & read in the comments that the new SAS Viya toolkit includes recurrent neural nets - it doesn't look like SAS EM supports RNNs.

BrettWujek
SAS Employee

Robert - that is correct. There is no support for RNNs in SAS9...only available in the actions in SAS Viya.

Of course, you could call Viya to train a RNN using the Viya Code node in EM.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

RobertF
Obsidian | Level 7

There may be another option I overlooked: call R or Python from SAS with the Open Source Integration node and then install and run the appropriate package for RNNs.

One worry, though, would be if a neural network created in the R Open Source Integration node would run in memory rather than on disk, which would limit the size of datasets that can be analyzed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation