BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Lopa2016
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi ,

Is it possible to generate the max,min ,number of missings in the same format as the IBM modeller does?Attached is the desired sample.

Thanks in advance !!

6 REPLIES 6
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Please post any relevant information in the post, not in attached files - I would not open these as they are security risks.

You can get various types of output from proc means:

proc means data=have n nmiss min max;
  output out=want;
run;

/* or */

proc means data=have;
  output out=want n=n nmiss=nummiss min=min max=max;
run;

If you want further manipulations then a datastep afterwards to get it into your specific format would be in order.

Lopa2016
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi ,

Thanks for your suggestion . However, I am aware of the procedures that would fetch me the results be it proc univariate /means . I want the resultant output to look something similar to the one that I hae attached i.e.; a histogram beside the basic univariate measures.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Again, I am not looking at dangerous attachments.  At a guess, run an sgplot on the output from proc means with the legend showing the various results (or plot them as text values). 

M_EEddlestone
SAS Employee

If you have SAS Enteprise Guide, you can perform preliminary data exploration there prior to bringing your data into SAS Enterprise Miner. SAS Enterprise Miner has several tools for performing data visualization but there is a Data Exploration tool in SAS Enterprise Guide that provides output similar to IBM Modeler.

See this paper for an example: Easing into Data Exploration, Reporting, and Analytics Using SAS® Enterprise Guide®

This feature became available in SAS Enterprise Guide version 5.1.

Lopa2016
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

Thanks for all your help.

I think the inser option does the trick:

proc univariate data=sashelp.cars noprint;
var EngineSize Invoice;
histogram;
inset min max mean ;
run;

MelodieRush
SAS Employee

Also you can automatically get out the same statistics and graphs as part of the HP Explore node. The output is not in the exact format but the same information is available. Use the drop down arrow to see the individual bar charts.

2017-02-27_16-28-04.png

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation