BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Behrooz12
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am working with a healthcare data set and trying to discover associations between items (diseases) using the Association node in SAS Enterprise Miner. However the node settings has some limitations which do not let me to extract rare associations. The main limitation is the maximum number of rules it returns (limited to 10,000 rules). My data set involves a large number of diseases and the top 10,000 rules can only cover associations between a limited number of very common diseases. So I was wondering if there is any way I can request SAS to return a higher number of rules?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Would it make sense to pull out some of the diseases, especially the super common ones or high frequency ones that you're not interested in?

Reeza
Super User

There's also an association rules macro that you can find online that may not have the same limitation but it runs in Base SAS. You could use a code node to run it as well.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation