BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FK
Calcite | Level 5 FK
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Everbody,

I'm trying to use two different datasets for a model, i.e. training/testing and validation. Please see the picture below:

Test_Validate_problem.JPG

As you can see, I partitioned my Raw dataset (after having assigned variable roles target , input, etc.) into 70% training and 30% testing. Also, I have a second dataset called "Validation" which I assigned the role of "Validate". 

Regarding the model (here: a decision tree) I now want Enterprise Miner (version 12.1) to use the partitioned "training" dataset to set up a model and use the "test" partition to test it. AFTERWARDS I WANT THE GENERATED MODEL TO BE VALIDATED ON THE SECOND DATASET ("Validation"). There, however, I only have left the the target variable, an ID variable and another variable I assigned the role of "Rejected":

varsummary_validation.JPG

When I run this model I get the following error:
error_message.JPG

What am I doing wrong? Do I first have to use a "Score" node after the decission tree node?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Felix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JasonXin
SAS Employee
Hi,
First, you don't really need two nodes as indicated in your post. You can just drag the validation data set and go to the panel to the left and change it to Validate. Second, yes you need to engage Score node because the nature of your goal is to assess. So 1. delete the Assign Role node. 2. Change data set to Validate. 3. connect both the validation data set AND the DT node to a Score node. Then connect the Score to a Model comparison node. Jason Xin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JasonXin
SAS Employee
Hi,
First, you don't really need two nodes as indicated in your post. You can just drag the validation data set and go to the panel to the left and change it to Validate. Second, yes you need to engage Score node because the nature of your goal is to assess. So 1. delete the Assign Role node. 2. Change data set to Validate. 3. connect both the validation data set AND the DT node to a Score node. Then connect the Score to a Model comparison node. Jason Xin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation