BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
waynefield
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

So, we are beginning to develop a suite of models in Miner, based on input variables coming from our SQL Server warehouse.

I want to explore our options for scalable deployment, which I believe are:

1. Ad hoc export of scores -> import into relevant systems (eg. CRM platform)
  2. Export PMML code -> how can SQL Server understand this
  3. Use Model Manager

At the moment we use option 1, which is clunky, time consuming and not particularly scalable.

In the short term I'd like to explore option 2.   Is PMML the right way to go?   Can SQL Server parse this, or do we need to convert directly to SQL (and is this even possible from within EM)?

In the medium term I'd like to configure a Model Manager environment.   However I am told that SQL Server cannot support in database model scoring, so I am not sure how to get around this?

Any support or guidance on the above would be vastly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

SQL server supports R/Enterprise R which should support PMMl fully to score your data. 

Depending on your final model you may or may not be able to convert it to SQL. Decision trees can be easily converted. 

waynefield
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks - so can I export directly from EM into PMML format (without needing to use R)?

jsmithers
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Wayne,

The plan would be to export to PMML from Model Manager and then import to SQL server either on to Analysis services or to R services.

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation