BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
monei011
Calcite | Level 5
I have a modelling excercise where I want to apply a decision tree model to a dataset with continuous variables. The target is a binary outcome. At each node I want division into 3 cases, pure 1; mixed 1,0; and pure 0. and the next split applied to the mixed case, in the same way. The resulting tree looks like a main trunk, with one leaf on either side of each node. Is it possible to constrain the decision tree process to achive this?
2 REPLIES 2
David_Duling
SAS Employee
The software does not support that constraint. In fact, there may be few data sets that contain candidate splits that satisfy that constraint. You may want to use the interactive tree function to explore splits and find out if that is even possible.
monei011
Calcite | Level 5
David, Thanks, I'll have a play. I've also started coding an algorithm to do it directly.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation