BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
juanvg1972
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I am creating a decision tree in SAS Enterprise Miner 14.2 in Won environment.

I am using decision tree node, and I have defined the depth of the tree, the number of rows in leaf and other atributtes.... I would like to know if I can select the type of algortthm , that is: ID3, C4.5......is that possible?, which algoritm are avalilables?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PadraicGNeville
SAS Employee

You can mix-and-match individual features from different algorithms.  For example, you can use the CHAID method of creating a split and the CART method of retrospective pruning.  There is no 'CART' or 'C4.5' parameter to give a specific set of features.  I do not know where the documentation of parameters can be found.  Technical support does.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PadraicGNeville
SAS Employee

You can mix-and-match individual features from different algorithms.  For example, you can use the CHAID method of creating a split and the CART method of retrospective pruning.  There is no 'CART' or 'C4.5' parameter to give a specific set of features.  I do not know where the documentation of parameters can be found.  Technical support does.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation