BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MarianaL
Calcite | Level 5

I have long text variables and the Node Rules (English Rules) are truncated. How do I remedy this and display the whole If any of ... then condition? Also, the Scoring code does not match the Node Rules, it has more variables than used in the Decision Tree Node Rules and picture. I can't use the scoring code for this reason, and the node rules are not complete. Why is the scoring code different than the Node Rules?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickHall
Obsidian | Level 7

Just putting this here in case it comes up again for someone else ...

As discussed over email - surrogate rules - i.e. looking for another variable to split on in the case of an observation containing a missing value for the primary splitting variable - are not displayed in the english rules. (Thanks to Susan Haller for pointing this out.)

Note that the Decision Tree node automatically handles missing values in split searches. The surrogate rules are just meant to give users more flexibility for how to handle missing values.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PatrickHall
Obsidian | Level 7

Did you use interactive mode? If so, check the log from the interactive session for errors.

My understanding is that this situation can occur if an error happens after interactive training when you close the interactive session. Normally the PROC behind the node would re-run and update the rules and score code at this time to reflect your changes, but cannot do so if there is an error.

MarianaL
Calcite | Level 5

No, I have used the non-interactive DT, the auto tree

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Another case where the English Rules could appear different from the score code is when using surrogate rules.  The surrogate rules are not included in the English Rules.

PatrickHall
Obsidian | Level 7

Just putting this here in case it comes up again for someone else ...

As discussed over email - surrogate rules - i.e. looking for another variable to split on in the case of an observation containing a missing value for the primary splitting variable - are not displayed in the english rules. (Thanks to Susan Haller for pointing this out.)

Note that the Decision Tree node automatically handles missing values in split searches. The surrogate rules are just meant to give users more flexibility for how to handle missing values.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 3 in conversation