BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wave43
Obsidian | Level 7

In the Decision Tree  "Node Rules", it looks like my output is being cut off.

Example:

Node = 74

If color is ONE OF:  blue, purple, green, yellow, red, ora

It is clear that "ora" is being cut off and should say "orange", and I am uncertain what the value of the variable is in my output.  How can I determine all the values of the variable the tree used for the path?

6 REPLIES 6
JasonXin
SAS Employee
Go to Results --> View-->Model-->Variable Importance, the column "Number of Splitting rules" indicates which ones are used in splitting your tree. Those with 0 are not used. For the line truncation condition, you can go to project start up windows to reset "option linesize=300". Default is 256 which is cutting you off. 300 is just idea. Make sure you don't set this number to be too big. Hope this helps. Jason Xin
wave43
Obsidian | Level 7
I understand which VARIABLES are being used. It is not showing all the VALUES of the variables. How do I change the line size? What do you mean by "project startup windows"? Is that the only way to see the values of the variables?
JasonXin
SAS Employee
I see what you mean. Sorry I misunderstood you.

Could you go to Results -->Results --> View-->Scoring-->Score Code? You can see specific cuts of all the variables used to build branches.
If you go back to the PROJECT, select on the project name. Look at the configuration panel below. You should see two boxes Project Start Code (I mis-said it startup) and Project Macro Variables. Both have a little button box to its right. Click on the one for the Start Code. That will give you like a SAS Editor window where you can type as if you are doing BASE coding. You can just insert "options linesize=300.". Run it and check the log to make sure there is no error. The effect is within this EM project. Since part of your original question is Orange is cut short ORA. That indicates the default linesize of 256 is too short.
wave43
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks, I will look at the score code.

When I tried the other option to insert "options linesize=300.", I got the following error: LINESIZE must be between 64 and 256.
JasonXin
SAS Employee
Let me check with my 'backend' to see if there are other ideas why it is chopped off. I don't want to send you to mess around with cfg files easily. But you cfg file may be capping you. Jason Xin
DougWielenga
SAS Employee

This issue occurred in SAS Enterprise Miner 6.2 but it was addressed in SAS Enterprise Miner 7.1.    If you are running SAS Enterprise Miner 6.2, it is quite old at this point so you would likely benefit greatly from updating to a newer version.  If you are running a newer version, please let us know or open up a track with SAS Technical Support.  

Hope this helps!

Doug

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation