BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
martinmuller
Calcite | Level 5

I am connecting SAS EM with some large tables (>1 million records), and the speed of running each node become extremely slow. Even the data node or the graphic explore node become unacceptably slow. I am running some analysis on the whole datasets, and I can't only run a sample. Could anyone give me some suggestion about how to accelerate the job?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Alpay
Fluorite | Level 6

How many variables are there in your data set? You may need to work with less number of variables than what is in your data set to make it work.

Try creating another data set with let's say 1000 variables.We had a similar issue with over 5000 variables and 12 milliions observations and we ended up spliting the data set into 7 sets.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation