BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AmitKB
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I am using a data partition node inside a group node with a statification by segment. The Train and validation dataset are created as views. I would like to to create train and validation datasets for the various segments for further  analysis purpose.   How can i go about it.

I appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Amit

1 REPLY 1
lryan
SAS Employee

Hi Amit,

When running group processing, you are right that any tables produced by the Partition node would get replaced with each loop.  If you want to use each of the training and validation tables that are created during the loops, a SAS Code node is required.  For example, you might have a flow such as IDS -> Start Group -> Partition -> SAS Code -> End Group, and the SAS Code node would contain code to create the training and validation data sets to use later.

PROC APPEND base = &em_lib.TrainbySegment data = &em_import_data force;

run;

PROC APPEND base = &em_lib.ValidatebySegment data = &em_import_validate force;

run;

This code would create two tables, TrainbySegment and ValidatebySegment.  You could really put them anywhere you want.

I hope this helps.  Another good resource for questions like this one is tech support: support@sas.com.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation