Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Data import from Access 2013 to SAS 9.3

Regular Contributor

Data import from Access 2013 to SAS 9.3

I am trying to import data from Access 2013 to SAS 9.3 with the following code. Can anyone tell me what is the mistake I am doing?

PROC IMPORT DBMS=ACCESSCS replace;

OUT=Apple.MyDATA1

DATATABLE='details';

DATABASE="E:\SAS\MyTable.accdb";

RUN;3

I get the following error:

ERROR: Failed to connect to the Server

Super User

Re: Data import from Access 2013 to SAS 9.3

I think your error message does not appear in the log, but as a pop-up from Enterprise Guide. Am I correct?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Regular Contributor

Hi KurtBremser,

It appears in the log. I still have that problem, plz let me know if you can help.

Thanks,

Super Contributor

Logan,

Enterprise Guide supports importing access databases. Have you tried to do File->Import Data?

Also give it a try posting your question on Data Management and Base SAS procedures communities.

Good luck!

-M

Super User

Then this should help you:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User

DBMS=ACCESSCS requires that you have the SAS PC File Server installed and operating on either your PC or on a remote server you have access to - this could be your SAS server. The usual reason for using this is to deal with 64-bit versus 32-bit incompatibilities. The error you got indicated it couldn't connect to the SAS PC File Server.

You could also try DBMS = ACCESS. This method doesn't require the SAS PC File Server but if your SAS server is 64-bit it would need to have 64-bit MS Office components installed.  

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation