BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm doing a decision tree with n=2800 y 1=11% (0=89% of course) and I have a doubt:

i want to know if i need a ponderation of my cases, because my target is Yes=11%. wich node do i have to use?

thanks for your help

Lucho
2 REPLIES 2
WayneThompson
SAS Employee
Hi Lucho, I am sorry if I am not addressing or understanding your question. You have a target event rate of 11% which may include include enough cases to develop a good tree classification model without using weights/oversampling. Use the Data Partition node which will automatically stratify by the binary target and given you have 2800 observations perhaps output only training and validation data. Train the tree model and check for stability.

In case of a poor model with no or just a few poor splits consider using the decison processing capability of EM (see the Decision node and also review the predictive modeling chapter - see topics rare events and decision processing which discusses using weights as well)

This paper may also be useful: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2007/073-2007.pdf
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Wayne,
I was looking the node you comment, but I can not find it. Another node that I think I'll try to use is the MBR. Where do I locate the decision node?

thanks for you help
Lucho

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation