Building models with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Factory Miner, SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning or just with programming

Cross Validation type in Enterprise Miner

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cross Validation type in Enterprise Miner

Dear members,

I need to know how to determine the type of cross validation in neural networks node in enterprise miner?

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-29-2014 10:46 AM
Super Contributor

Re: Cross Validation type in Enterprise Miner

Hi Hussein,

What do you mean by "type of cross-validation" in neural networks?

The Start/End group nodes support cross validation for any model. For a quick example, take a look at page 7 of this paper (http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/123-2010.pdf)...

I can't remember top of my head if you have that option in EM 6.2. If your EM version does not have cross validation option for the Start groups, I suggest go back to the basics. When I read the wikipedia definition of k-fold validation, it sounds like something easy to do in EM. Just an idea, use several Sample nodes, add the same model node to all of them, and use an Ensemble node to combine the posterior predicted probabilities. I have not ran this, but that would be my first try.

Please let me know if this worked OK.

Thanks!

Miguel

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super Contributor

What is your version of EM ?

I have found other people to refer to the lack of the cross validation in EM with neural network, so they repeat the test several time with different data partition seeds and taking the average.

Check this:

http://www.kms.pwr.wroc.pl/staff/trawinski/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/2009-Comparative-Analysis-of-N...

Hope other to  tell us if that possible.

Contributor

The version of Enterprise Miner is 6.2. Any way around ?

Thanks

Contributor

Any Idea?

Solution
‎09-29-2014 10:46 AM
Super Contributor

Hi Hussein,

What do you mean by "type of cross-validation" in neural networks?

The Start/End group nodes support cross validation for any model. For a quick example, take a look at page 7 of this paper (http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/123-2010.pdf)...

I can't remember top of my head if you have that option in EM 6.2. If your EM version does not have cross validation option for the Start groups, I suggest go back to the basics. When I read the wikipedia definition of k-fold validation, it sounds like something easy to do in EM. Just an idea, use several Sample nodes, add the same model node to all of them, and use an Ensemble node to combine the posterior predicted probabilities. I have not ran this, but that would be my first try.

Please let me know if this worked OK.

Thanks!

Miguel

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation