BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
lmagyar
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Guys,

I am triing to draw a decision tree graph with Enterprise Miner SAS code node. The same way as Decision Tree node does (see below).  The decision tree is created inside a loop. I guess the data for this graph is stored in the tree_plot table.

Unfortunatly i haven't found any example how to draw it.

I tried something like:

%em_register(key=tree, type=data);
data &em_user_tree;
	set &EM_LIB..tree_tree_plot_loop(where=(_loop_=1));	
run;
%EM_Report(key=tree, viewtype=decisiontree, block=Table, description=%nrbquote(Trees), autodisplay=Y);

Propably it is not even em_report.

Thanks for your help,

Laszlo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Oh okay!  Sure, this is an example:

/* display tree diagram */
%em_report(key=TREE_PLOT, viewtype=DTree, id=NODE, parent=PARENT, nodetext=NODETEXT, tipText=TEXTALL, abovetext=ABOVETEXT, belowText=BELOWTEXT,
nodesize=N, nodecolor=NODECOLOR, linkwidth=LINKWIDTH, block=MODEL, description=TREE, autodisplay=Y);

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I could give you the %em_report call, but unfortunately I don't think it will help since a "_loop" version of the Tree_plot data set isn't created when doing group processing.  This is true for many of the results tables.

lmagyar
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi  

An EM_Reprort call, or example, that creates a decision tree graph like that will be appreciated.

Just give me any example, i will then create the table myself, in the requested format.

lmagyar
Fluorite | Level 6

But, actually Tree_plot_loop is created. 

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Weird!  It wasn't showing up for me.

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Oh okay!  Sure, this is an example:

%em_report(key=TREE_PLOT, viewtype=DTree, id=NODE, parent=PARENT, nodetext=NODETEXT, tipText=TEXTALL, abovetext=ABOVETEXT, belowText=BELOWTEXT,
nodesize=N, nodecolor=NODECOLOR, linkwidth=LINKWIDTH, block=MODEL, description=TREE, autodisplay=Y);

lmagyar
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Wendy,

All the columns in the table are the same, as you called them.

Unfortunately I get an error, that the parameter is not ABOVETEXT, BELOWTEXT is not correct. (see below)

MLOGIC(EM_REPORT): Parameter PARENT has value PARENT
MLOGIC(EM_REPORT): Parameter NODETEXT has value NODETEXT
MLOGIC(EM_REPORT): Parameter TIPTEXT has value TEXTALL
ERROR: The keyword parameter ABOVETEXT was not defined with the macro.
ERROR: The keyword parameter BELOWTEXT was not defined with the macro.

If i remove these parameters from the macro call, than i get an empty graph.

Maybe it is a problem but I am using "SAS Enterprise Miner 12.1".

I also tried to draw the graph, after a simple decision node tree, using its simple tree_plot output. It did not help.

Is there any way to figure out the macro call in the decision tree itself? I have checked the logs, but i couldn't find anything usefull.

Or is there any documentation about this topic.

Thanks,

Laszlo

lmagyar
Fluorite | Level 6

I also tried to create a dataset that simply shows a single node. It did not helped, empty graph.

%em_register(key=tree_plot, type=data);
data &em_user_tree_plot;
NODE=1; parent=.; NODETEXT="nodetext"; TEXTALL="textall"; N=100; 
NODECOLOR=100; LINKWIDTH=10; ABOVETEXT="a"; BELOWTEXT="b"; 
output;
run;
%em_report(key=TREE_PLOT, viewtype=DTree, id=NODE, parent=PARENT, nodetext=NODETEXT, tipText=TEXTALL,
nodesize=N, nodecolor=NODECOLOR, linkwidth=LINKWIDTH, block=MODEL, description=TREE, autodisplay=Y
);

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

I don't have a 12.1 version of EM to try on, but it (the code below) worked for me in the latest version.  If you just run a Decision Tree node (not inside of group processing), then try this, does this work in a SAS Code node for you?

%em_register(key=tree, type=data);
data &em_user_tree;
set &EM_LIB..tree_tree_plot;  /* might have to adjust index to be tree2_tree_plot e.g., for the corresponding Decision Tree node */
run;

%em_report(key=TREE, viewtype=DTree, id=NODE, parent=PARENT, nodetext=NODETEXT, tipText=TEXTALL, abovetext=ABOVETEXT, belowText=BELOWTEXT,

lmagyar
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunatly it didn't draw anything it gives an error.

MLOGIC(EM_REPORT): Parameter NODETEXT has value NODETEXT
MLOGIC(EM_REPORT): Parameter TIPTEXT has value TEXTALL
ERROR: The keyword parameter ABOVETEXT was not defined with the macro.
ERROR: The keyword parameter BELOWTEXT was not defined with the macro.
MLOGIC(EM_REPORT): Parameter NODESIZE has value N
MLOGIC(EM_REPORT): Parameter NODECOLOR has value NODECOLOR

If I try to remove these 2 parameters from the macro call, then it creates an empty window.

I guess that the %EM_report call has some other parameters. I am trying to find the exact macro call in the decision tree code/ or the EM_report macro definition. But i can not find it in any of the catalogs, ect.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Laszlo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation