BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
omerzeybek
Obsidian | Level 7

hello

i am suspicious that some of my inputs are nearly same with my target variable. Because in desicion tree process these inputs receives considerably high logworth stats.

do you know how can i check correlations between my target and inputs?

5 REPLIES 5
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Omer,

I think what you need is to calculate VIF to assess multicollinearity. HPReg node this automatically for you. If you are working with an older EM version you can also write some code for proc reg. See https://communities.sas.com/message/188233

Since you are talking about trees, they are useful to detect 2-way interactions. After your first split, what variable is selected for the largest tree of maximum depth 2?

Do you get similar results from both VIF and a tree to detect 2-way interactions?

I hope that helps,

Miguel

omerzeybek
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Miguel

unfortunately i am working with a sas miner screen without a hpreG node. On the other i dont know how to write code in saas miner. By the way i have read the message you metioned

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

You can use the StatExplore node (on the Explore tab) to calculate correlations between an interval target and interval inputs.

omerzeybek
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Wendy

but i have a binary target variable is it also applicable for this kind of errors too

WendyCzika
SAS Employee

Yes in that case you can use the Chi-Square Statistic reported in StatExplore.  Usually it is used in the opposite way though - you want to keep the inputs associated with the target Smiley Happy 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation