BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Intel-Biz
Calcite | Level 5

Hello friends,

I am building the churn prediction model.

Most of my data consists of  transactions (several rows for each customer) with dates: purchases, logins,

calls, etc. I also have a table that has a churn date for each customer.

Is there a way / algorithm that will make a prediction without me having to "flatten" the table to one row per customer?

I am asking not because of the amount of work, but because when flattening the data to measures I might miss out some important explanatory variable that I will not think about.

For example: let's say I will create a measure "Number of purchases in the last month" but it will not predict the churn. While the real sign of the forthcoming churn is the "decrease percentage of number of purchases in this month compared to two months before".... Or the real explaining variable would be the "weekly frequence of purchases", etc.

I hope you understand what I mean. 

Is there a way to do it?

Thank you

Michael

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I've done data preparation for customer churn models in the past and you really do need to roll up your data to one row per customer. Please note that it's not only account behaviour that could drive churn, but also customer attributes as well, like age, education, employment, location, and so on.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation