BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Pritish
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I am trying to understand and find out what are the different techniques commonly used to Caps and floor outliers present in a dataset? Any guidance/research paper link is greatly appreciated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Pritish,

Take a look at the Replacement node in SAS Enterprise miner. It does not remove outliers the way the Filter node would.

By default the limit method is based on a standard deviation from the mean. Take a look at the flooring and capping that happens by default. There is also a brief example of how to use the replacement editor in the reference help (press F1 and go to the Replacement node under the Modify sections).

Good luck!

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User

Usually , you can define outliers as   if  >  mean+2*std  or  < mean-2*std

Pritish
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks! How do you treat those outlier? I don't want them to exclude from my dataset.

M_Maldonado
Barite | Level 11

Hi Pritish,

Take a look at the Replacement node in SAS Enterprise miner. It does not remove outliers the way the Filter node would.

By default the limit method is based on a standard deviation from the mean. Take a look at the flooring and capping that happens by default. There is also a brief example of how to use the replacement editor in the reference help (press F1 and go to the Replacement node under the Modify sections).

Good luck!

Miguel

Ksharp
Super User

I will Winsorted .  Replace them with 90th or 95th percentile .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation